Palanga Educational Support Service implements Erasmus+ KA122-ADU project „Strengthening ICT Skills to Engage in the Digital World”
- To develop the competencies of the staff working with Palanga U3A participants by increasing the scope and improving the quality of non-formal adult education activities.
- Develop digital skills training programs adapted for elderly.
- To increase the number of Palanga U3A participants in remote activities, thus reducing their exclusion.
- A job-shadowing visit to Jyväskylän Summer University, Finland, to share experiences on how to motivate elderly to use digital technologies, how to organize activities related to the training of elderly in digital skills, and how to integrate digital skills support into existing services and activities of our organization.
- Courses “ICT in Education” in Greece (IDEC). The courses will teach how to work with curricula, develop learning materials and resources for ICT education. The training will focus on how to better develop materials and select ICT resources to develop adults’ digital skills.
- Remote meeting with Belgium, ALL DIGITAL, presentation of their “ICT 4 the elderly” project and the ICT training material for elderly developed during this project, sharing experiences on the use of the most appropriate technical tools and best teaching methods for seniors.
Desired project results:
- Improved qualification of the staff, working with Palanga U3A participants.
- Prepared two digital skills training programs adapted for elderly.
- Conducted trainings according to the prepared programs and not less than 30% increased the number of Palanga U3A participants in remote activities of U3A.
- Expanded international relations of the organization.
The project has been implemented since 2022 June 1 until 2023 May 31.
Palanga Educational Support Service, as an associated partner, participates in the Erasmus+ KA2 project „Innovative teaching methodology of health friendly nutrition development and practice in pre-primary and primary education (HealthEDU)“.
The aim of the project is to educate and to form children’s, parents’, educational institution employees’ healthy nutrition habits, positive attitudes to nutrition and provision of food. To develop and promote health friendly nutrition and health friendly lifestyle principles and awareness in the community, to introduce health friendly dishes in the children menu in education institutions and at home.
Palanga Educational Support Service, as an associated partner, participates in the Erasmus+ KA2 project „VET specialists competencies development in the field of positive parenting teaching (POSITIVE)“.
The main aim of the project is to enable VET specialists, who work with teenagers and young families, to teach positive parenting, to understand the adolescent philosophical education, potential and skills.
Projekto nuoroda: http://positiveproject.eu/lt/results/
Palanga Educational Support Service coordinated consortium Erasmus+ KA1 project „Improvement of the adult education staff competences in implementation of socially vulnerable people training programs for parenting skills“. Consortium consists of Palanga Educational Support Service, Panevėžys District Pedagogical Psychological Service and Kėdainiai Educational Support Service.
The aim of the project is to increase the quality of adult education and training, to improve the competence of the staff in parenting education.
- To improve the competence of the staff in the in the following areas:
- working with the parents belonging to socially vulnerable groups, i.e. people parenting alone, divorced families, blended families, social risk families, families with disabled children. How to teach them effective parenting.
- organization of adult education and learning processes: preparation and evaluation of parenting skills training programs, motivational methods of participants.
- To strengthen inter-institutional cooperation between the non-formal adult education institutions and to expand international relations.
- participation in foreign training courses. The training will take place in Ireland, 10 employees of the consortium will take part in it.
- work monitoring visit to a foreign partner organization. 10 employees of the consortium will go to Denmark.
- Improved qualification of the consortium staff, organizing and implementing the parents education;
- Prepared two effective parenting skills training programs, adapted to the specific needs of participants and practically tested in all members of the consortium with target groups;
- Established international cooperation relations with foreign organizations providing non-formal adult education.
Palanga Educational Support Service, as an associated partner, participates in the Erasmus+ KA2 project “E-learning from Nature“, with the aims of:
- Promoting a proactive students’ approach to scientific subjects learning
- Propose innovative teaching methodologies to scientific teachers
This website gives access to:
- Database of local areas relevant for the study of scientific subjects
- E-learning lessons related to the local areas.
- A teachers guide aiming at:
- Proposing teaching methodologies based on real life case scenarios.
- Enhancing students’ scientific basic skills acquisition through their active involvement in the learning process.
- Making use of new technologies to promote the scientific knowledge.